We offer the fastest, most cost-effective way to adopt PowerPivot Server.
The “industrial strength” benefits of PowerPivot hinge on the server version of the product (PowerPivot for SharePoint). PowerPivot for SharePoint is what provides functionality such as scheduled refresh, intellectual property protection, and that critical “single version of the truth.”
Deploying your own PowerPivot server system can be very costly and time consuming however, especially if you don’t already possess in-house SharePoint expertise. These deployments can literally consume many months and tens of thousands of dollars before your first server capabilities are ready, and fine-tuning the environment can subsequently extend the costs by another 100% or more.
But with Cloud PowerPivot from Pivotstream, you can be up and running in as little as three days, in a completely refined environment, and at prices as low as a few hundred dollars a month. You can be making better business decisions immediately, instead of making infrastructure investments:
Our experience is second to none.
Pivotstream began deploying and utilizing PowerPivot (desktop and server) even before Microsoft had officially released the first version. We were the first firm to operate an internet-facing PowerPivot farm, first going live in June 2010 for our clients. Today we are by far the world’s most experienced operators of PowerPivot BI – every day our PowerPivot cloud serves up insights to thousands of individuals across dozens of clients, with new clients coming online every week.
We offer capabilities that Microsoft does not.
Over the past two years we have identified and filled a significant number of gaps in Microsoft’s “out of the box” offering, and these are all baked into our hosted platform. Some examples:
- Reports open in the browser up to 30 times faster than in MS’s out of the box product
- Scheduled refresh can run more than once per day (MS limits to once daily)
- Scheduled refresh that runs in response to triggering events, such as backend data processing completion
- The ability to create “satellite” workbooks that pull their data from other PowerPivot workbooks, and to schedule them for automatic refresh as well
- A truly user-friendly BI Portal experience – all of the extraneous SharePoint UI elements and “noise” are trimmed away so that the user only needs to focus on the data
- A crisp and professional aesthetic for the consumers of data – workbooks published to our platform feel like web applications, not “Excel files on the web.” Many of our full-service BI customers do not realize that Excel played a role in the applications they use every day.
We are clients of our own platform.
Long before we offered Cloud PowerPivot to others, we tested it to our own standards. In early 2010, Pivotstream was already running a subscription “full service BI” business for specific industries using offerings from a non-Microsoft BI vendor. Converting that business over to PowerPivot provided an excellent first validation, both of PowerPivot and our hosted platform. We then built the award-winning DR-Direct solution for Walgreens-Duane Reade on PowerPivot and ran it in large-scale production before offering our platform to the public.
Today we still maintain a thriving “full service BI” business, wherein we build finished BI solutions for specific industries – using PowerPivot and our hosted platform. We use our platform the same way you will, and that’s important – it constantly drives us to improve, and those improvements are shared with you. All facets of our business – our hosted platform, industry-specific solutions, and PowerPivot modeling/reporting best practices – feed back into each other, setting us apart from pure platform vendors: